Monday, April 26, 2010

note from Stacy (transferred from FaceBook)

Calling all survivors! I was told by the doctor it would be good to form a aupport group or join a support group with others that are living with Astrocytoma so for the last couple months I have tried to contact people and they are either unreachable or have passed away! The families of people with brain cancer have been wonderful to me but it seems like a cruel joke!
I also am missing someone I went to radiation with she passed away last week- the world will be a little dimmer without this beautiful person in it!
MD Anderson called this morning and they have received upwards of 500+ pages of medical records! They are ordering the brain tissue sample, I have an MRI on May 6th and they want an appointment with me shortly after! They are so positive and really have made me feel at ease like everything will be okay!
Update after medication stopped: I do feel better since stopping the medication but this weekend I did have a set back.....I have morning sickness daily...no I am not pregnant apparently this is normal with my diagnosis...
Also I had an extremely scarry headache yesterday which rendered me helpless! But today is a new day and I am enjoying the subsiding of pain! Thanks for letting me ramble.....I am trying to chronicle this for others who may be going through this!

No comments:

Post a Comment